Tuesday, February 3, 2009

{top of the project priority list}

Moving the boys to a different room: 
  • some may remember my post on my personal blog this time last year about my thoughts of switching the boys room and trying to figure out a way to create this fabulous space saving bed set-up without buying it for the astronomical Pottery Barn price. WELL... I think I might have figured something out!!! {mine won't include the great storage underneath, at least for now.. but the basic set-up is better than nothin'}. I'll post pictures as soon as I get it all put together in the room, but first I'm...
  • repainting: I was going to do a tan color but then decided to go with more color {does that surprise anybody}, then I was going to do a green with a navy blue stripe on the top continuing onto the ceiling {like space} but then I didn't like the green so I've officially decided on ORANGE and we are all LOVING it so far. It has me wondering why I've never done an orange room in my house as of yet... It will still have the navy blue stripe & ceiling. Inspiration for painting the room this way came from this bedding & this gritty light that I plan on incorporating into the room.
  • so fortunate: I was also WAY excited to get two of those OLD SCHOOLHOUSE CHAIRS from the photo below. There is a lovely blog I follow daily and about a month ago she posted that she had bought six of these chairs at a furniture consignment store and found that she only needed four. She said to email her if you were interested in the other two. I ended up being the first to email her and the BEST part of the whole thing is that she gave them to me for FREE!!! Now I was able to mark off finding two unique chairs for the other table I'd found for them to sit at and build legos, do projects, etc... 




~sandee.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Your kids are so lucky to have a fun, creative mom like you! I'm excited for you and all your projects! :)

Kim said...

OH MY I LOVE THIS SITE! This is going to be something BIG.....I can just feel it! And the orange room is something I need to see!
Quick!
Get it done girl!
Love ya tons
I am off to the junk store to look for school chairs....

Kara said...

That pottery barn bedroom is exactly what I was doing for Britton and Addi's room in the new house. I need a cheaper version also. LOVE THIS NEW SITE! It's going to be a favorite.