Monday, February 16, 2009

{House Beautiful: 101 Makeover Ideas}



There are so many things about the room above that intrigue & excite me, minus the two wooden heads atop the piano, I think they might even scare me at night. Anywho~ I'm always on the look out for ideas.. pieces of inspiration... rooms filled with splendid amounts of grittiness... and I've found some in the new 2009 list of House Beautiful: 101 Makeover Ideas


{I've always had a thing for window seats... I think I need to add one, how 'bout you?}

Idea #55
"Make a window seat for a favorite window. Build a plywood box and paint it. Add a cushion and pillows, and you'll have a new spot to furl up and read House Beautiful." -Michael Richman


{I especially like the idea of submitting a personal photo for this idea}

Idea #36
"Photo murals are back. Coloredgevisual.com or duggal.com have a great selection, or you can submit your own photos and they will scale it according to your wall. Do an entrance foyer, the end wall of a long, dreary hallway, or the ceiling of a tiny powder room, just for fun." -Christopher Coleman


{Anyone who knows me, also knows.. rearranging furniture & decor is one of my favorite ways of creating a fresh, new feeling within the spaces of my home}

Idea #48
"What's the best view in your room? Rearrange your furniture in such a way that you can enjoy it. Sometimes that just means pulling a chair out of a dark corner and moving it next to a window. Suddenly, it's your favorite place to sit and relax." -Carl D'Aquino


{LoVed this photo because I'm in the process of looking for great new pillows for my family room at the moment and this particular one would fit in so well}

Idea #51
"I've always collected textiles, and you can make a fast, easy change with bedding, towels, and table linens to creat a different mood. Switch things out seasonally, or for a special event, or whenever you want to play around with a certain color or pattern." -Thomas O'Brien

{Does anyone know if these cast a warm glowing type of light or are they like those ugly new "cold-blue tinted" Christmas lights??? I'm all over ambience lighting everywhere & anywhere I can add it... but I don't really want it to look like the lighting in a morgue}. 

Idea #11
"Buy a bunch of those battery-operated LED Everywhere lights for only $8.99 each. They're like little hockey pucks, with adhesive on the back. Put them under a console table, on top of a bookcase, or use them to backlight some interesting object on a shelf." -Libby Cameron

What ideas out of the "101" have you planning your next makeover? Do share...

~sandee.
p.s. if anyone knows how to get rid of this annoying underline accompanying my text under the last picture on my post, please tell. I've gotten rid of it by accident sometimes...

No comments: