The bedding for the boys room makeover, that is... picture above is the material of the duvet and sham from this much liked site Design Public, I found from another blog that posted about this other really cool product that they offer. {I'll post about that separately}.
On Design Public they had really cute sheets with the duvet set but they were orange and with the walls being orange I wanted something a little different, I found these green sheets on Walmart.com and they are only $19.99 a set verses $80.00+. I can live with that!!!
I'm thinking I like this quirky ceiling light fixture from Ikea too! Looks kinda space like, right???
Throw pillows and wall decals also from Design Public! I can't wait to order it all and see it put together in their room.
This is the Blimp Space Light I've known I wanted to use in the room since the beginning. It's also from Ikea, the boys are not so patiently waiting for this one... they keep asking me everyday when I'm going to get it.
In painting the ceiling navy blue {for the outer space effect} its caused a lack of light in the room, which I already knew it would.. so I want a nice bright ceiling fixture that casts the light outward all over the room instead of down in one spot. I also want to add these wall lamps on the wall by the head of their beds for reading at night {and of course more ambience}. The fun Blimp Space light will be just for fun and then I'll probably add a cool track lighting fixture by a shelf or just add lighting to the shelf itself.
Ooo, the thing that would just shoot right off the GRITTY scale is if I could somehow drill little holes throughout the ceiling and add little twinkle lights like stars. Think how fun it would be to make the design of one of the constellations, like the big or little dipper. Hmm.. I really need to think of a way to do that, this is going to clog my brainwaves for awhile.. I can just tell!
~sandee.




.jpg)



2 comments:
I love what you have done with your boys' room. I can't wait to come down and see it all put together. So I have been thinking about twinkle lights in ceiling and thought of these two options. #1 you could use the glow in the dark stars that stick on the ceiling (not very original-I know) or #2 (which I think would be really cute) you could see if you can find glow in the dark paint and paint a consellation on their ceiling. It could turn out really cute. Good luck!!!!
You are officially the coolest, grittiest mom ever. :)
Post a Comment