Friday, February 6, 2009

{for the LoVe of StArs & LiGhtInG}



Aren't these little star night lights just so delightful... LoVe them!!! I am a huge fan of lighting for ambience and coziness and didn't have the built-in under cabinet lighting in my kitchen, so when I first saw this star night light in my sister's house I knew I had found my solution... Now I have 4 of these gritty little things plugged in along the wall under my cabinets in my kitchen. Oh how I love them.~ {you can snatch yourself a few at your local Target}. 

{-a little secret}: on the wall is a faux back splash I painted on using a video case to trace out the brick/tiles, leaving a space between them all for what looks like a grout line. I just used craft paint in 4 colors and sponged them on to create the depth & look of a tile. Very cheap alternative to the real thing and looks pretty good too!

~sandee.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

How impressive is that?! Painting to make it LOOK like tile! I've decided there is nothing you cannot do. And I loved the deLIGHTful comment. :)

rochelle said...

I love my star night light. It is in Peyton's new cowboy room, and looks darling. Lovin your new blog