Wednesday, September 2, 2009

{do forgive me...}

I've neglected you so... Not that I wasn't gettin' gritty over anything a-l-l this t-i-m-e, believe me I was... it just hasn't been much of my own & what it has been, I haven't taken the time to post it. I know... my bad! I think it kind of spurred from trying to find things to finish up the boys space themed bedroom makeover, and between a lack of dinero and not finding affordable bedding things, that project came to a screeching halt! {One of my biggest pet peeves I'll have you know.. to start on something and not be able to finish it}. Therefore I lost much of my drive & excitement and found myself strolling through blog-world admiring all the other projects that were being executed in a timely manner and were of course so well done.

Anyhoo, I F-I-N-A-L-L-Y found some of the items I was looking for, thanks to 1. a long-distance friend who paid me a spontaneous visit, 2. who needed to do some shopping of her own, 3. and was kind enough to tag along on my long awaited & much needed trip to IKEA! Yay--- I'm still not done, {are we ever done???} BUT- it's feeling and looking much better now, and I'll take that! I promise some "in-progress" pictures, if I can ever get a second to spare when their room is in a post-worthy state! HA! I'm hoping for this weekend after they do their chores and pick up their room from the weeks clutter buildup...

Oh, and just to leave you with a little smidgen of whats makin' me gritty these days... take a gander at these photos loaded with Delicious, Fall Goodness!!!








T.T.F.N. but not for l-o-n-g...

~sandee.

2 comments:

Kim said...

So happy to see the gritty blog is back! I could post some pics of your house when I was there..it looked gritty....I want to still go to Pier 1 and find those pillows. Can't wait to see what you found at IKEA...i love that place but really don't know what to buy there. Love ya!

Wendi said...

Is IKEA really that great?! Everyone talks about it, but I've never been there. Probably a good thing, then I won't spend any extra money. :)

LOVE the Fall pictures.